Canadian Veterans Advocacy

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New announcement: PTSD FORUM with Dr. Dee Rajska - Fight-or-Flight reflex, Anger

PTSD FORUM with Dr. Dee Rajska - Fight-or-Flight reflex, Anger

Hi again, folks!

Thanks so much for coming back!

(I would promise to make the jokes less corny this week, but I hate making promises I can't keep)…

As I was saying last week, (I'm repeating myself, but this was my best line so I want to use it again in case you missed it), dealing with PTSD on your own is like trying to fight a war all by yourself, against an enemy you've never been trained to fight.

(Good line, right? Aren't you glad I brought it back for an encore?)

You need to have buddies fighting alongside you, which is why last week I did the used-car-salesman thing about peer support. You also need to KNOW YOUR ENEMY. So, today, I'd like to start giving you the intel you need to kick PTSD's… ahem, *six*.

According to the DSM-IV TR, the diagnostic criteria for PTSD are as follows:

to Continue reading the article, please visit: http://homecomingvets.com/2013/03/19/ptsd-forum-with-dr-dee-rajska/

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:
http://canadianveteransadvocacy.com/Board2/index.php?topic=8866.0

Regards,
The Canadian Veterans Advocacy Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment